It rained today, and still I ran. That's a good sign for the training to come. Laura headed off this morning to perform her captainly duties for TNT, and Zo and I stayed warm and dry in the bed. By the time the weather began to improve, Laura was headed back from the 'hooch and looking for a running partner. We ran an easy 3.5+ miles in the drizzle and enjoyed it the whole way. And when we returned, Laura put me through a modified introductory Pilates workout. Indeed, this bodes well.
I'm picking up a different training program this time 'round. For my past couple of marathons, I've used a version of the Furman Institute's FIRST program. Especially for the first couple, when I was still traveling every week for a living, I found this program worked very well for me. But once I began working from home, I found it difficult to get into the routine that I find necessary to support consistent training. So I'm attempting a different training program for the ING. While rooting through my boxes of books the other day, I came across a book I'd bought prior to my first marathon back in '05. This program is similar to the FIRST program but is clearer about getting in work at least 5 days a week. I think that consistent training at shorter distances (except the weekend runs) will serve me well. Time will tell. And as I suggested a couple of days ago, this blog is likely to be a good indication....
If all goes well, I'll outline my schedule a bit more here in the coming days. But tomorrow's a rest day, and I plan to do just that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad to see you back in the blogsphere, and I'm trying to stay in it myself! I'm interested in your training plan--I need to decide what I will use to train for ING, while allowing time for cross training on the bike with Sarah.
Great to be back! Loved your post on the Atlanta Full, though it sounds like it was really difficult. I posted a "typical" week from my training plan today; there might be something that you could adapt for your purposes. Would love to coordinate on some longer runs, too, if you wouldn't mind the company!
Post a Comment