Sunday, May 20, 2007

Getting Started -- shuffle, shuffle, shuffle

Ready....
Set....
Go!

Ah, the start of another long race.... for those of you who are middle- to back-of-the-packers like me, you know exactly what I mean (by the shuffle, shuffle, shuffle). In halfs and fulls (let alone the PRR), we rarely see the start line in the first couple of timed minutes. So we shuffle on to the start line.

An apt metaphor, I think, for this blog. If this is a race, then I'm not in it for the honor or the glory or (hah!) the money. Those who are more disciplined, driven, and naturally talented will "finish" well ahead of me. A little like the races I've run, I'm in this to check out the scenery, soak in the moment, and make myself a little stronger, more aware, and perhaps even a little wiser in the process.

So, along the way, we'll visit with friends -- Sarah and Paul, Beth and Tim, Erin and Travis, Eileen, Ruth and Steve, the gang at Morning Run, Steph and Hector, and many more; and family -- Laura and the girls, Kevin and Nan and Maria, and M&D; reflect on matters of fitness, faith, and fun; and perhaps a bit about work and other topics as they surge forward into awareness.

So, off we go -- perhaps we'll meet along the course.

No comments: